Maintaining a corporate site is a challenging adventure. Amongst multiple agendas, time, resource and capacity change is a difficult concept to instil.
Operations and Frontend lead / Web developer
NAB | September 2010 - Current
During my last 2 years at NAB I have lead, organised resources and engaged/motivated a high delivering team. The key challenges I have taken from maintaining a site is:
- maintaining a consistent code base and having high accessibility standards,
- upgrading assets and instilling new methodologies such as using HTML5 and responsive design and
- communicating the importance of governance and an understanding of risk so that people can be accountable and affect change.
BP | December 2008 – June 2009 and January 2010 – April 2010
At BP I assisted in launching the Careers, Technology and Sustainability sections of the BP Global website from 2009 to 2010. In my time at BP I implemented:
- templates to be inline with W3C standards, accessibility standards by liasing with third party agencies such as SAS Design,
- upgrading the site's resolution to 1024 from 800 by 600 and
- process to manage complex XML flash tools and customed designed charts modules on the site.